Why Choose The River Store as your kayak shop?
Spring – Renewal – Life – Water – The River Store!
Each Year all of us at The River Store look forward to the promise of the new paddling season – snowpack, flows, weather, release schedules, new boats, old torn gaskets, roll sessions. These are once again the topics of discussion among paddlers and around The River Store. We pride ourselves on providing and being knowledgeable about a wide range of top quality kayaking and rafting equipment. About 35 Springs have passed since the River Store first opened in Lotus, and we are still here helping paddlers of all skills and all types get what they need to make their paddling season the best one ever.
Providing the best in knowledge, information, assistance and kayaking and rafting equipment for all paddlers
- Got questions? We work hard to know or find the best answers for you and earn the honor of being “your local Kayak Shop of choice”.
- Need kayaking and rafting equipment? We test out and stock the best and we make sure that you know what the options are so YOU can make the best informed selection for your purchase.
- Lessons and Education for all kinds of kayaking- ONLY the Best: this is why I started Current Adventures in 1994 and why I took over the River Store in 2004 when Sue retired. I believe that we offer the best education with the best instructors and employees of any kayak shop in the west!
- Demos and rentals- from raft and kayak demos to sprayskirt and drysuit rentals and much more. We offer the most complete rental and demo service in the region. We want you to know what you are getting and that it works before you spend your hard earned money on it.
- Repairs- we have both in house and local sources for repairing gaskets, boats and more. Normally with quick turnaround times so you can get back on the water usually within the week!
- Community events: from simple ice cream socials to large events. Interaction and appreciation of community is huge to us and there is no better community than the Coloma- Lotus Valley and the greater paddling community that cycles through and around this region.
- Information- whatever you need when you need it- and if we can’t help you, we’ll tell you who can! You can reach us at The River Store by calling 530-626-3435 or emailing us at Info@TheRiverStore.com .
Dan, Colleen, Kristin, Tim, Gigi, and the whole gang of folks that are always helping out!
Enjoy the Season and let us know how The River Store can help you find the kayaking or rafting equipment you need and make it the best paddling year ever!