Paddling Partners 2017-18
Kayak Demo Program
Kayak Demos are subject to availability
Reservations are required for each Kayak Demo.
Reservations can be made up to but no more than one week in advance via phone (530-626-3435) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The demo program is a way for people who are in the market to buy a Kayak, Inflatable Kayak, or Raft to test out what is available. Members receive multiple benefits in the form of discounts, demos and other perks. These programs allow for the Paddling Partner Membership fee to be used towards the purchase of a new boat. We encourage you to support your local businesses.
We now offer 2 Paddle Partner Program options:
Basic Paddle Partner plan: $49 for 4 demos
- Includes the boat, float bags, and any needed outfitting foam
- All other gear will be rented seperatly
- You can apply the $49 towards the purchase of a NEW boat within the the same calendar year you purchase the program. This credit may not be used with any other discount and may only be applied to a boat purchase at the full retail price.
- Access to the pool to practice rolling in a calm, private setting (subject to pool availability and/or maintenance days, see below)
Paddle Partner Elite Program/Rewards program $150 for 10+ demos with a max of 2 demos of any individual boat
- Includes boat, float bags, and any needed outfitting foam. As well as use of full equipment (PFD, Helmet, Skirt, Paddle) a max of 3 times within the calendar year you purchased the program (normally a $45 rental)
- 10+ means that you can demo up to 10 times. When you reach 10, if you are still unsure of which boat you want/still need a few more boat demos to narrow it down then you can renew the program for another 4 days or 10 days for the price of the Basic Paddle Partner Program.
- You can apply the $150 towards the purchase of a NEW boat within the same calendar year you purchase the program. This credit may not be used with any other discount and may only be applied to a boat purchased at the full retail price.
- Access to the pool to practice rolling in a calm, private setting (Subject to pool availability and/or maintenance days, see below)
- Elite members are eligible for use of boats OFF South Fork at 15% off regular rental fee, permission must be obtained to do this.
- This package also entitles members to 15% off any other rentals during the year, including drysuit rentals
Kayak Demo Season is February – December. If you sign up before September 1st then your program will expire December 31 of that same year. If you sign up after September 1st then your program will expire December 31st of the following year (You get a few extra months at no extra charge!)
Kayak Rolling Practice Pool
**Pool is closed for the winter**
- You must check in briefly with River Store Staff prior to entering the pool area
- 2 adults must be present at all times
- Access is only available when the pool is empty. Any and all Current Adventures classes have priority in the pool, please be respectful of this
- Please! This pool privilege is NOT meant for anyone to be teaching Kayak rolling to others. Your rights to use the pool can and will be rescinded for this or any reason deemed appropriate by River Store staff
- Staff is not required to be at the pool while it is being used so please be responsible
- Mondays the pool is not available due to maintenance schedule
Signing up is Easy and will only take 5 min of your time at the shop in the morning before your trip.
The Sign up fee places you in the Paddling Partners Program which is a club membership which allows you access to the boats, rolling pool, rewards program, and puts you on our Partners mailing list so that you are first to hear of promotions, deals and events sponsored by the shop. When you purchase a New boat from the River Store, you get back the Membership Fee you paid !
To Sign-Up, drop in at the store and fill out our Paddling Partners Agreement and Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Form. We will store this paperwork for the season (sign up once and done for the whole season :o) !) From then on you can call or e-mail us to reserve a boat for any date we are open. Our Demo Boats/Boards are only available for use on the South Fork of the American River between Chili Bar & Salmon Falls. For use above Chili Bar or off of the South Fork American River boats can be rented for a separate fee.
Kayaks for rent off S. Fork American
If you would like to test out one of our boats on another segment of river, we do have kayaks for rent available. (WE OFTEN GET ASKED: why we don’t have kayaks for rent, it is illegal on the south fork American river between Chilibar and Salmon falls per a county ordinance. However we do offer California Kayak Rentals they just need to be on any other segment of river or lake in the state. IF you have questions about kayaks for rent including Touring boats which we do rent, give us a shout at email@example.com)
Reservations are required as we have 40 whitewater demo kayaks with only doubles of certain models! We take reservations 1 week prior to use, contact us at 530 626 3435 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-18 Demo Fleet
Pyranha: Rev S
Liquid Logic: Vision 44
River Runners that Play
Pyranha: Loki M & Loki L (on lone periodically from Pete Delosa Team Pyranah, must call ahead to reserve)
River Runners with Volume that Play
River Runners that Creek
Pyranha Machno: S, M, L (on lone periodically from Pete Delosa Team Pyranah, must call ahead to reserve)
DOWN RIVER RACE BOATS
Kids Boats (contact us in advance for these they are over at our warehouse)
Liquid Logic: Remix 47
Inflatable Kayaks & Rafts
The available quantity for our IK’s, raft, and paddle cat is limited. To secure your demo we strongly recommend calling/emailing 1 week in advance to place your reservation. During the peak of summer we book up all inflatables almost every weekend.
Stand Up River Boards:
NRS CZAR 6
Bellyaks (Yeah what is a bellyak anyways? ….)
Paddling Partners Kayak Demo and Kayaks for rent include the boat use only all other gear is subject to rental fees.